Assuming regular attendance and independent study, you should be able to do the following by the end of this course:
- Understand, relate and debate the information in a news program
- Identify an author’s point of view in an article or essay
- Justify your opinion on contemporary issues giving reasons and examples
- Relate and summarize a story you heard or read about
- Give presentations on ideas, places or people
Lessons are independent weekly units based on current affairs. The core of the lesson is based on material from various English-language media. Topics are developed by additional vocabulary-building and advanced structures exercises. Additional study materials are made available on an e-learning platform.